Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Customer Service All Around Us

As part of a writing/editing team that supports corporate sales, I can't help but marvel at the amount of customer service needed to be successful in this and many other roles. I've found that employees who value serving the people around them to the best and fullest extent possible are earmarked for favor and advancement.
Along the same lines, I boggle at the people who don't place a high emphasis on their delivery of customer service. These are the people who eventually become disenfranchised; they start calling what they do a "job" instead of a career, and start frequenting Help Wanted ads.

You could argue that these observations aren't limited to the corporate world, that the same observations apply across the board, to your interactions with merchants and even family and friends.
Think about it next time you're next in line at the grocery store, or helping your family set the table for dinner. What if your cashier simply grunts a greeting at you? What if your sister threw the spoons that you were looking for at you? What if the opposite happened, where you were greeted with a smile or your sister helped you place the spoons on the table?
Good customer service is all around us. Some people may call it etiquette, manners, being nice, society rules, etc. They're just different flavors for what I call customer service.

2 comments:

  1. Where's your next post? I asked everyone I know to leave the same comment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Loan Fund that Mr Pedro offered me enabled me to take advantage of an incredible opportunity to relocate and expand my business, at a pivotal time. The support I received from The staff was priceless at the rate of 2% in return.
    You can contact them for a loan request on pedroloanss@gmail.com And WhatsApp + 1-8632310632

    ReplyDelete